Instagram spam has been exploding, with no stop in sight. Formerly attractive hashtag photo groups are now becoming polluted with ads for more followers and get-rich-quick schemes:
Users have become increasingly annoyed at the situation, organizing an informal “instaprotest” by setting their profiles to private on December 4 and using the hashtag “#OneDayWithoutSpam” in related posts.
What do you think? Will a protest make a difference? Have you noticed more spam on Instagram? Could this affect Facebook’s stock price? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- How to set your Instagram profile to “private” (Instagram Blog)
- How to avoid spam on instagram (instagramers.com)
- Instagram, will the increasing levels of spammers put people off? (alexmoorehead.wordpress.com)
- Instagram’s increasing problem with spam (kullin.net)
- Security flaw in Instagram could let someone steal your account (forums.pinstack.com)
- Spammers Trick Instagram Users into Signing Up for Premium Mobile Services (news.softpedia.com)