Here are some songs I have been obsessed with lately. For one reason or another these tunes have been on repeat in my brain and in my iPod consistently the last several weeks.
“Baby Blue” by Badfinger
Ever since the final episode of Breaking Bad, like millions of other folks, I’ve been obsessed with this catchy tune by ’70s power pop rockers Badfinger. This track was the perfect music for the final moments of one of the best shows on television.
“Headache” by Frank Black
I first heard this song in the ’90s after Black’s band, The Pixies, broke up (now back together and touring), and I enjoyed the retro look of the video of the time. Little did I know, for some reason, I would want to hear the song over and over a decade later. I borrowed some of the lyrics for one of my recent photomontages.
“In the Garage” by Weezer
I like the simple sing-song melody and declarations of what’s important: a 12-sided die, posters of KISS, and the safety a space like a garage can offer a creative spirit, something no doubt familiar to the members of Weezer, one of my favorite bands.
What do you think? What are some songs that have been in your head lately? Where do you go to discover new music? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Pixies: ‘We were off the planet’ (theguardian.com)
- Weezer @ The Paramount (pics, videos & setlist) (brooklynvegan.com)
- Joey Molland of Badfinger To Release Record (noise11.com)
- REVIEW: Weezer rocks Sands Bethlehem Event Center with a night of hits (blogs.mcall.com)
- Good Vibes from Paul Stanley (KISStorian)
- Top 10 Weezer Everything (a horizontal myth)
- Five Albums I Will Love Forever (lorenkessell.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Bad Was Very, Very Good For Badfinger’s “Baby Blue” (hypebot.com)