I dig the convergence of technology and time here in one brief second, now extended to the world and infinity. Here’s a snapshot of one of our modern photographic ancestors I modified with the amazing ToonPaint iPhone app, after shooting with Hipstamtic (a modern-retro simulator, no less). I found the camera at a sweet vintage shop called “Ideas” on Burke Street, Winston-Salem, NC. Original here.
A view of some well-traveled old souls from the local antique mall. When people carried their bags, dressed for travel, and wore hats. Shot via iPhone using Hipstamatic with Blanko film & John S. Lens.
Have you ever owned this style of suitcase? Do you have memories of your parents or grandparents having such? Ever find anything cool at an antique mall (and if so, what)? Let us hear from you in the comments!
- Old Train Station Luggage (Brooke’s Photos)
- Suitcase Inspector (briancoatney.com)
- Summer Travel: 10 Chic Suitcases (fabsugar.com)
- 8 Awesome Ways to Repurpose Vintage Suitcases (greenupgrader.com)
- Vintage (Looking) Luggage from Samsonite (fabsugar.com)
- Digital Ancestry: an iPad Forerunner (rsmithing.com)