I’ve been meaning to document this doorway for a while. I ride by it at least a few dozen times every month. So it only felt right to work it into a montage. I snapped an image of it using Hipstamatic one day while waiting at a traffic light. Later, I realized it would be more interesting with the door part obscured and replaced with an image of a tree. I snapped the tree photo in the moment, especially for this image. But it still needed at least one more element, so I browsed through my repository of unfettered originals from here and there, and found the perfect complement in this outdoor light from a bar, Single Brothers, a few blocks up from where the door exists.
So, I mix all this together in Photoforge2 with masks, a border, varying levels of curves/levels/clarification adjustments, and here we are: an image to accurately represent my creative vision that also represents a part of my city. There’s even more of Winston-Salem, on Instagram, courtesy the good folks at Airtype and their Winstagram project.
What do you think? Ever seen any interesting doorways in your city? What would you create in a photomontage? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Belief in the One True Power: Foto Fridays (rsmithing.com)
- At Sunset in November… (benjiinteriors.wordpress.com)
- Woodpecker, blackbird on balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Hipstamatic Urban Astoria (batribune.wordpress.com)
- Traffic (mildlymixed.wordpress.com)
- Hipstamatic Haiku Sunday (blissfuladventurer.wordpress.com)