Flickr to Facebook: I’ll see your Instagram and raise you a Pinterest
Hot on the heels of my post on using Pinterest for Instagram images with sites like Gramfeed, Flickr has made this even easier by including Pinterest as an option under the “Share” menu at the top left of any Flickr image. And the best part is, all photos are automatically attributed to the owner – including all photos ever previously pinned from Flickr!
Pinterest for Flickr
This is HUGE, because not only does it mean easy and proper posting from a site with millions of great images, but also it makes posting from Instagram easy as well, since Instagram users can easily link their accounts to post to Flickr when uploading at Instagram.
I personally only started using Flickr seriously as a result of Instagram’s integration, and I now swear by it as a great tool for managing your images with some neat social functionality thrown in. It’s highly customizable, easy to use, and a great value whether you subscribe for free or have a Pro account.
Bottom Line: Flickr Gets It Right… First
Maybe they were too busy being bought by Facebook to notice, but the folks at Instagram missed out on being the first major image sharing site to hook up so seamlessly with Pinterest. I’m fairly sure that day is coming, since Instagram already integrates with Twitter, Tumblr, Posterous, Foursquare, and of course, Flickr, but given the competitiveness in Silicon Valley these days, it’s not a given.
Pinterest’s growth is impossible to ignore, and Flickr did the right thing by integrating easily with the site. Rather than interfere with its own goals, this makes an already great platform like Flickr even better.
I don’t work for Flickr, but if you haven’t checked it out – and especially if you want to pin your Instagram images like a boss – definitely give Flickr a look… even if only to find cool images for your Pinterest Boards.
Impress your friends: share this on Twitter!
What do you think? Do you use Flickr in conjunction with Instagram? Do you use Pinterest and have you pinned Flickr images there? What has that been like? Will you be trying this now that Flickr makes it easy to share images originating on Instagram? Let us hear from you in the comments!
- Don’t Be A Selfish Pinner (Afmarcom.com)
- Flickr Teams Up With Pinterest For ‘Fairer Pinning’ (Marion.com)
- Images Changing Social Media – Instagram, Facebook And Pinterest (bundlepost.com)
- At Flickr, All Things Just Keep Looking Better (betabeat.com)
- What’s Your Take on Pinterest? (The Artist’s Road)
- How to Use Pinterest’s New Flickr and YouTube Attributions (sproutsocial.com)
- All the Interest in Pinterest (Beagle Research Group)
- Flickr, Pinterest team up, signal movement toward better attribution (agbeat.com)
- I’m Starting to Like Pinterest… (The Buttry Diary)
- Pinterest launches new ‘Pin It’ button for Flickr (simplyzesty.com)
- Pinterest Stream at Getprismatic (really good news stream) (getprismatic.com)
- Google+ wants to be your new Flickr (venturebeat.com)
- How Yahoo Killed Flickr and Lost the Internet (gizmodo.com)