The way I’ve come to use social media lately is for curation, news and making new connections. Whereas a few years ago it was more about keeping in touch with friends and entertainers, these days, it’s as much a means of collecting and discovery, particularly now that I’m active in visual art more so now than back then. I remember doing my first MySpace page about 10 years ago now, and putting customized CSS in the “about me” section to alter the design. Ah, memories.
I wonder if in the decades to come, the term will seem outdated, as online connections simply become, “media.”
Have you found the way you participate in, or use social media has evolved over the past, say, five years? Has it become more integrated into your routine or other activities? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Only 1% sales by social media (socialappshqs.wordpress.com)
- facebook, people who complain about social media (alexnicolebecknell.wordpress.com)
- And so it ends.. (gusjacobo.com)
- Something to Tweet About: how to make social media work for your charity (theguardian.com)
- Some Positive Uses for Social Media…. (techinbalance.wordpress.com)
- Is social media here to stay? (jlopez282.wordpress.com)