Musician, artist and entrepreneur Will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas recently shared his perspective on logo design with the Wall Street Journal as part of the publication’s Startup of The Year project. He makes points about the basics of logos in plain language, then concludes with thoughts about global communication trends. The original video is without music.
Here, I’ve incorporated “Funky Drummer” by James Brown as background beats. I claim no copyright and am making no commercial claims or specific statement, other than I thought it would be an interesting combination given the cadence of speech and the rhythm of the drumming. I created the above title screen via iPhone with the apps Rays, Phonto and Photoforge2, then edited the video in iMovie. Enjoy.
What do you think? Does Will.I.Am make solid points here? Have you ever mixed speaking and music elements for artistic effect? Are you into The Black Eyed Peas? Ever designed a logo? Let us hear from you in the comments.
- Don’t Watch This: will.i.am on Logo Design (core77.com)
- Tips on Logo Design. From Will.I.Am (redbubble)
- Video: Will.i.am Talks Corporate Logos with WSJ (getmybuzzup.com)
- Will.i.am Is Suing Pharrell Over the Phrase “I Am” (popdust.com)
- 10 Perfectly Good Songs Ruined By Will.i.am (buzzfeed.com)
- Will.i.am Talks Logos (LogoDesignLove.com)
- Sarah Silverman’s Perfect Night featuring Will.i.am (NSFW via YouTube)